The roof is the most integral part of any residential and commercial building. If it is damaged, it should be repaired or replaced immediately to avoid further structural damage to your home or office. Here are some of the top signs of roof damage to look out for.
• Are there shingle granules in your gutters? Note that, shingles start shedding when they wear out so when cleaning your gutters be on the lookout for the granules because it’s a sign that your shingles need repair or replacement.
• Are there any absent, cracked or curled shingles? If you notice these, you need to plan for roof repair or replacement because they are almost at the end of their lifespan.
• Are the shingles wet, dark or dirty? If you notice these signs, it means the shingles have allowed moisture to be trapped inside so they need to be replaced immediately.
• Is there any staining on the interior walls or ceilings? There are many things responsible for causing discoloration on walls or water stains in the ceilings. However, the roof’s underlayment might be allowing moisture inside the roof structure causing such stains. You need to replace your roof to solve this issue.
• Is your roof deck sagging? Are the rafters or decking in your attic sagging? Well, if they are not straight and are wet because of leaking moisture. If it’s a small localized problem, you might do a simple repair to avoid an entire roof replacement. You can call a water extraction service if there’s a lot of water inside your house because of rain and flows out from the leaks of your roof.
• Is there any light coming from the roof in your attic? If you notice streams of light coming from the roof, it means your roof is damaged. When it starts raining, water will get into your attic through these openings. Check your shingles properly to ascertain whether or not they need replacing. If this happens on your deck’s roof, you should waterproof your deck so that it can’t be damaged quickly. Find a deck waterproofing service to do it.
If you notice any of these signs of roof damage, you can hire the best roofer to repair or replace your roof for the best results.